Linux Mint 9 “Isadora” en desarrollo: novedades
marzo 24, 2010 74 comentarios
The Linux Mint Blog Mint 9: An overview of the new features
- USB-Creator will be added to the default software selection.
- apturl will be added to the system.
- In memory of Husse, a new fortune database gathering his best quotes will be added to the pool of random messages that appear when you open a terminal.
- apt is getting three more commands: “apt hold <package>”, “apt unhold <package>” and “apt held”. These commands are shortcuts to “echo <package> hold | dpkg –set-selections”, “echo <package> install | dpkg –set-selections” and “dpkg –get-selections | grep hold”.
All the improvements above are will be part of Linux Mint 9. Most of them are implemented and those which are not will be added very soon. We’re also planning on some other improvements, which, if everything goes according to schedule, should make it into Linux Mint 9 as well:
- The ability to review applications directly from the Software Manager
- Lesser and better suggestions in the Menu
- Improved layout in the Menu
- Brand new artwork (we’re experimenting with metal-looking themes and there are improvements planned for the Shiki theme as well)
- New modules in the community website: blog, tutorials, FAQ
- Nauscopio Scipiorum Distrotest: Review de Linux Mint 5 (Elyssa)